Best known for their free version, they also offer a suite of software editions for more complex taxes including Basic, Deluxe Plus, Premier Plus, and Self-Employed.
Get the best price on online products when you use one of these coupons and promo codes for up to a 10-20% discount on TaxAct! You can also save with their Military and student discount and get a $20 bonus when you refer a friend.
Best TaxAct Promo Codes, Coupons Now:
How to Get the Best Deal on TaxAct:
If you are using TaxAct to file your taxes, don’t just go to TaxAct.com if you want the best price on their online products! Follow these steps for the biggest savings on TaxAct:
- File early if possible, as the cost of online products and state fees are less before March 15th
- Skip the promo codes on coupon sites as they don’t work
- Use their featured promotion for up to 20% off online products
- Choose the best TaxAct edition for your needs
- Skip Xpert Help as it adds $70+ to the cost
- You can refer a friend to TaxAct for a $20 Amazon gift card
Tip: If you filed your taxes with TaxAct last year you may also receive an email offer with a special price to pre-order TaxAct before Jan. 1st
How To Use a TaxAct Coupon (No Promo Code Needed!)
TaxAct prides itself on being less expensive than tax Goliaths like Turbo Tax and H&R Block, who spend millions advertising their “supposedly free” software. Even though TaxAct isn’t free for most customers, you can get up to an extra 20% off when you use a coupon. Here are two ways to get a discount on your order at taxact.com:
- Instant coupons: No need to copy a coupon code, as discount pricing is applied when you click a promotional link or banner. After doing so, you should see the retail price crossed out and the coupon applied like this:
- Use a Promo Code: TaxAct no longer requires promo codes for their discounts unless you were issued a code directly from customer support. So, don’t bother visiting coupon sites as the codes don’t work or are unnecessary!
Where do you enter a TaxAct promo code? TaxAct no longer distributes promo codes as discounts are now applied when you click on a promotional link or banner and visit to their site. They no longer even provide a “promo code” field at checkout, so don’t bother searching for codes!
Although the featured discount is best for most people, you may be able to get a TaxAct discount in other ways. Here are a few:
Refer a Friend to TaxAct, Get $20 Amazon Gift Card!
This year TaxAct has a special promotion: refer a friend, and they’ll send you a $20 eGift card for Amazon. Here’s how it works:
You can learn more and refer a friend now at: https://www.taxact.com/refer-a-friend
TaxAct Military Discount:
Active duty members of the U.S. military can now file their taxes free with TaxAct. To get the military discount just file as “active duty military” and enter an eligible Employer ID number during filing.
TaxAct Student Discount:
TaxAct does not offer a specific discount for college students. However, if you have simple taxes you can file free. The current 20% discount on Deluxe, Premier, and Self-Employed is also available to both college students and students of life.
Tip: Most students qualify for the American Opportunity Credit for up to a $2000 tax deduction (more) through TaxAct.
If TaxAct does offer a specific discount just for students, Black Alliance will post it here!
More Tax Software Promotion Codes and Deals?
Not sold on TaxAct?
In any case, good luck with your taxes this year!